Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Sinful Colors Halloween Swatches

Sinful Colors Halloween

My sister recently mailed me one of the new polishes from Sinful Colors' Halloween 2015 Collection, and I decided that now would be the perfect time to swatch it, along with some of the other SC Halloween polishes that I picked up off-season last year.

Click below to see the full swatches!



All of the polishes are painted over a base of Zoya "Anchor," with no top coat added.

First up is "Go Batty," which is the polish from the 2015 Dressed to Kill collection:

Sinful Colors Go Batty

"Go Batty" is a sheer blue polish with silver moon glitter, and it glows in the dark. Shown above is four thin coats. While a few of the moon glitters did come out on the brush, I had to fish the majority of them out and place them on my nails.

However, the polish did have a very strong glow to it, although it glows green rather than blue.

Sinful Colors Go Batty

Overall, I really like this polish, and it's certainly unique when compared to the rest of my collection. Since the formula is so sheer, I'll probably just paint a layer or two of it on top of a light blue base in the future.

Next up is an older polish, "Cauldron Couture."

Sinful Colors Cauldron Couture

"Cauldron Couture" is a mixture of black and green glitters of different sizes. For the above swatch, I used one coat of the polish and ended up with a decent amount of glitter on my nails. Below, I applied three coats for near-opacity.

Sinful Colors Cauldron Couture
"Cauldron Couture," 3 coats, indirect sunlight
Sinful Colors Cauldron Couture
"Cauldron Couture," 3 coats, shade
"Cauldron Couture" would definitely look nice in a glitter gradient or as a topper for a black or tan polish.

Similarly, "Pumpkin Spice," is another older glitter polish.

Sinful Colors Pumpkin Spice

"Pumpkin Spice" is a combination of small gold and orange glitters. Above is one thin coat, and below is three.

Sinful Colors Pumpkin Spice
"Pumpkin Spice," 3 coats, indirect sunlight
Sinful Colors Pumpkin Spice
"Pumpkin Spice," 3 coats, shade
While I like the colors of this polish better, the glitter in "Pumpkin Spice" didn't build up as well as the larger glitter pieces in "Cauldron Couture," so I would probably just use this one as a topper or sponge some of the glitter on for better coverage next time.

The last of the Halloween polishes I swatched is the "Glow in the Dark" topcoat.

Sinful Colors Glow in the Dark topcoat
"Glow in the Dark" topcoat over "Innocent"
The "Glow in the Dark" topcoat is a sheer yellow polish. Here, I applied two thin coats of the topcoat over Sinful Colors "Innocent," which is a lime green cream. The topcoat does lighten the base color and give it a slightly yellow tint, so it would probably be best worn over a white or similarly-colored base.

The glow of this one isn't as strong as in "Go Batty," so I placed my nails under a blacklight for a few seconds for the photo.

Sinful Colors Glow in the Dark topcoat

Overall, I think all four polishes are great additions to my Halloween nail arsenal, but if I had to pick only one, "Go Batty" would likely be my choice.

Which of these will you all be searching for this fall? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment